19 November 2010

BIG GIRL BED

Today I went shopping for these, and instead ended up coming home with a BRAND NEW BIG GIRL BED!!! (!!) Unexpected and quite exciting.

We didn't find the shoes I wanted, so we headed to another store and there was a Mattress Giant in the same shopping center. Just for shits and giggles, I convinced mom to head in and do some price shopping. Little did I know, they were having a great sale and I fell in love with a bed. And bought it.

A frenzy of tearing apart the old one, vacuuming, putting together the new one, buying new sheets, and re-organizing to accommodate the bigger bed ensued. It's SO GLORIOUS!

It's much bigger than the last one. I can spread out and not hang off at all. I feel like it takes up about half of my tiny room, haha. But it's very comfy and will transition nicely into an apartment or house when I move out.

It's a Kingsdown mattress, and I got it for half off. Hellz yeah. Even with sheets, I was still under-budget when it was all said and done. Now my savings account is a little lighter, but I definitely have made an investment.
I decided not to get a headboard/footboard yet because I feel like there's just not enough room and I'd like to stay flexible if I decide to get a bedroom set in a few years. I also need a bed skirt, but I'll get that eventually.

Horray for big girl beds!!

BEFORE


AFTER



The picture really doesn't do its size or its comfiness OR its adult-ness justice. Feel free to come over and flop on it. After you shower and put on clean clothes. :o)

Going to see Harry Potter tomorrow night. Excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment