27 November 2010

Mustache necklace!

My sister Suzy has a thing for mustaches. In fact, she's having a mustache party. For her birthday, I wanted to get her a mustache necklace, such as this one or this one.

However, time was not on my side.

So, I decided to make one out of the cornstarch dough I used for beads and ornaments.
I just found a shape I liked on the internet, printed it out, and used it as a template for the dough.

I let it dry for a few days, and gave it a few coats of shiny black acrylic and a coat of clear acrylic paint.

I found the rings and the chain in the jewelry aisle at hobby lobby.

Silly and cute.


2 comments:

  1. first of all im jealous...secondly, where is mine? hahaha you are an awesome and thoughtful sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jeneviveee :) I love them! They were perfect!

    ReplyDelete