29 November 2010

tea for one

I have started taking my afternoon tea in a stacking tea pot. Mine looks very much like this:


It was a gift from Robert's stepmom many years ago. I suspect she liked me more than she liked her stepson. Not hard to figure out why...

But anyway. I've had this cute teapot tucked away for years, never used, and suddenly one day I thought of it. Perfect for my afternoon tea. It's working out for me quite nicely.

I haven't worked out in several days, since before Thanksgiving. I wanted to get back into the swing of things today, but instead I went to the doctor. My main reason for going to the doctor was to get a prescription for Prilosec OTC. My new prescription plan covers it with a $0 copay, but only if you have a written prescription... for an over the counter product. Regardless, I use it regularly and I'm going to take advantage of the free-ness.

I was getting pretty sick of my old doctor's office and their nonsense. This new doctor came highly recommended to me by my mom and brother and sister, who have all seen him recently. He's one of those hole-in-the-shopping-center doctors, but I was pleasantly surprised. He had a no-nonsense attitude, and had no problem writing the prescription. He also, UNLIKE ANY OTHER DOCTOR EVER, took notice of my chronic anemia. Most doctors just tell me take iron pills, which don't work even if I do take them. Then after it never fixes itself, they just kinda shrug it off and tell me to keep taking them. Because that makes sense...

One of the major things they taught us when we learned about the anemias is that there is always a cause, and you have to find the cause, not just leave it alone.

Baffling, huh?

I have long suspected that there might be a more relevant underlying cause, but it's pretty well compensated so I figured I'd just leave it alone until I got better health insurance and keep battling it myself. Well... I have better health insurance. So let's go.

But anyway. I had to fight with the pharmacy, call both my insurance company and the affiliated prescription plan with their respective retarded automated systems, and drive back to the pharmacy and do some more explaining before I got my free drugs. But dammit, I got my free drugs. Lol. WIN!

And I also bumped into Madre and Luke at the Walgreen's checkout buying me a [surprise] birthday bottle of wine that's as long as my freaking arm. ROFL I love it.

So how is it already 5:30?

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh, teapots! I ALWAYS want to buy the cute teapots like the one you pictured. I need to start some daily tea drinking too. It's good for you and so nice during the colder months.

    Oh, and Happy Birthday!! You deserve the best, because you are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that teapot. Also, that wine is perfect for you, WINO! :) haha Just kidding. Happy Birthday Jeneviveeee :)

    ReplyDelete