01 November 2010

my car is rapidly turning suckier.

I must vent.

Tonight, after a long, super-busy day at work and very nice dinner with Akhtar, I stopped to get gas.

I stuck the nozzle in, decided to treat Jake to some 89, and squeezed the nozzle. The next thing I noticed, gas was pouring out. Not in.

Um.

I repositioned the nozzle and tried it again. Same thing.

I looked inside the hole. I didn't know what it was supposed to look like, so if something was wrong, how would I know??

I called Dad. He said to come home.

I stopped at a different gas station first and tried again. Spent 28 cents on gas to find out that the same thing would happen.

Son of a bitch.

Dad checks it out. Apparently some cheap-o plastic thing inside the hole to guide the nozzle into the gas flap thing broke off and got all cattywonker and now the flap won't open and the gas won't go inside. And yes, it helps to picture it with a dirty mind.

My thought: WHY THE FUCK DO YOU USE A CHEAP-O PLASTIC THINGY INSIDE WHERE THE GAS GOES?? and, HOW THE HELL DOES IT BREAK?? It's not like I abuse it!  [More dirty mind thoughts]

So Dad goes with me to the gas station, fiddles with the cattywonker plastic thingy, and gets the flap open so that we can slowly pour gas inside. [Don't even Think about dirty mind thoughts. That's my dad!]

Then, the damn flap won't close. So I'm imagining firey gas-tank death, while in reality it will probably just evaporate and I'll have to fill up sooner. Firey gas-tank death is still a very real thing in my mind.

Anyway, I have a feeling that, with all things car-related, it won't be under warranty (but it damn well SHOULD be), and it will be a $400 part and I'll have to get a rental car while it's fixed. At the very least, I'll have to go to the dealership. I fucking hate going to the dealership. Even with an appointment you're there for at least an hour until they have time to even look at it. I loathe dealerships. And it won't even be a Saturn dealership because they all went out of business... Hmm, wonder why...? Pieces of shit.

UGH I hate stupid car shit like this that is a giant pain in my ass, that never should be a pain in my ass to begin with, because it should have never so cheap that it's broken to begin with!

It's times like this that I wish Chris was here because he'd totally have a genius answer or he'd know how to fix it or he'd offer to go to the dealership for me, or at least with me.

Well, now I have to get up EARLY to go sit at the dealership for an hour tomorrow for them to tell me if they can even fix it.

Fuck.

I miss Pedro. :o(

No comments:

Post a Comment