05 January 2013

Crafts, worries, boring stuff

-I came home from work yesterday and started working on some sewing projects. The first, which I stayed up late to complete, was a bunting to use for Calvin's baby shower/ bedroom. I used this tutorial, which is really awesome. I've made two buntings using this method and they both have turned out really great.

Suzy is obviously very impressed.







It's the first time I've done anything "applique-like," and I managed to pull of a decent finished product.Yay meee.

-Purchased the baby shower invitations today. That's going to come up quick.

-Starting the house hunt. I'd much rather rent a house than an apartment, so we will see what happens. I have a feeling my purse strings are about to tighten. My sister reminded me about deposits and pet deposits and first/last month's rent and those aren't cheap.

-Speaking of purse strings, I cancelled my birch box subscription, and I'm going to start using regular coffee in the reusable Keurig filter because that will make Chris happy. Trying to save a little bit here and there and hope it adds up to something noticeable. I figure next week I'll call USAA and see what I can do about car insurance, since that's the next large expense that could use a trim.

-Going to try and see if I can put off grocery shopping until my next payday, which is in about 2 weeks. Time to use up a bunch of freezer food and see what is even in my pantry. Of course, to cook I've got to wash the gigantic pile of dishes in the sink...

-Trying to get some kinda of organizationals going on. I have a box that I just put all my filing in and then ignore it. It works pretty well, except with multiple years in there, it gets kinda confusing. Maybe I can pair that with some wine and it won't be so boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment