20 January 2013

PLANS

^There's that word again.

Started out my weekend by purchasing 6 bottles of wine. Isn't it convenient that my wine rack holds 6 bottles, my wine tote bag holds 6 bottles, and if you buy 6 at one time you get a 10% discount? I certainly think so.

My parents' friend died last week. I'd only met her once, but after the funeral last night around the back porch, stories flowed freely. She was a very sweet lady.
Whenever my parents, aunt, and uncle go to a funeral, and after the right amount of drinks, the discussion inevitably turns to my cousin Timmy and his death. I was young when he died, but I remember it vividly because it's the only time I've ever seen my dad cry. Once the discussion reaches that point it's pretty weepy for a while.

Fortunately, that's when Akhtar showed up! We picked up some moving boxes from my old job, then caught a late dinner at 59 diner. Breakfast and milkshakes for both of us. We got to talking about all kinds of stuff, mostly moving and exercising.

We're both looking into moving soon. I'm tired of pushing 30 and living in my parents' garage. I can't wait to have air conditioning! And a dishwasher! And walls! You know, the luxurious things. He's looking to find something that will benefit everyone. It's stressful, but exciting stuff.

Regarding exercise, he's about to start a new regimen. He's motivated and doing it smartly.
I, however, am still struggling with lack of motivation. I'm usually motivated when my clothes stop fitting, and this time I can still squeeze into everything.

While talking to him, we concluded that it is due to this vicious cycle:

Even though my schedule is different and I sleep later, I'm having trouble getting out of bed in the mornings.
We figured it's the direct result of how much I drink every night.
We figured I drink every night because I'm stressed-- Getting married, changing jobs, and moving in the span of a few months has got me just a little stressed. Also it doesn't help that Chris is not actually here- compounding the missing-ness and the fact that I feel like I have to make all the decisions. I'm scared to make the wrong one and piss him off. Sometimes we don't see eye-to-eye on things that I'd never think we wouldn't.

Of course, exercise will help with stress. I have an alarm set early three times a week to work out, but due to the wine-induced circumstances mentioned above, I don't get out of bed.

I really like my evening glass(es) of wine. We decided that I should drink only 1 glass of wine with dinner, and maybe then I will be able to get up to exercise the next morning.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment