01 January 2013

Lucky 13

Here is the obligatory New Year's post.

I haven't done anything for New Year's Eve in a while, due to either working or being sick or whatever. This year I hung out with Frank and drank wine and watched Men in Black 3. It was a surprisingly good movie! I loved hanging out with my brother. He's reaching that age where being old trumps partying. I'm glad I have more company!

So, year in review. Let's check out my "resolutions."


They were not ambitious goals, and most were practical.

I got my dental work finished (horray!). Constant pain is pretty motivating!

I visited my two new places. Geez, I can't believe visiting Starkville and Hawaii was part of this past year. It seems like so long ago.

I'm not sure exactly how much debt I've paid off, as I haven't done my finances yet, but I know I dumped a ton of money into it.

I grew some basil and we've got a rosemary bush and a sage plant kickin' it pretty good in the backyard, so I suppose that counts as an herb garden. I think that will be an annual thing from now on.

Still want to learn CPR, and it turns out I don't really care about blowing glass.

I did keep a little "Year in Review" to record the new things I experienced in 2012. I did some neat stuff- all of it I'd never done before. I did more new things than I expected to do. I guess not every new experience has to be extreme.




Moving along. I don't know what I want to accomplish in 2013. To be honest I'm not feeling super excited about this year. Sure some exciting things are going to happen, but I'm just not really psyched. I don't have that feeling like it's going to be a particularly good year. I hope I'm wrong. I don't have many fun goals- maybe that's why.

Realistic goals include paying off more debt. I also need to organize and/or consolidate my retirement accounts. I've got several from several jobs just kinda hanging out in the atmosphere, and I have yet to set one up for this current job.

I want to exercise at least once a month. I feel like that's realistic for me, haha. I'm hoping that the required "once a month" will inspire more frequent workouts, but I'm not going to stress about it.

I also want 2013 to be the year of NO GLUTEN. No accidental glutening. It's happened way too much this year. I have a goal to cook & post in my GF blog once a month as well. Brush the cobwebs off that baby.

I've mentioned this to a few buddies, but I want to start a book club. I have a feeling that this will be one of those things that we do once, but maybe -- just maybe -- this time it will stick.

That's all I got for now. Happy 2013 guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment