20 May 2014

checking in amidst chaos

This is what my life looks like right now:
P.S. We just got internet, yay! (Thanks Ash!)


Despite how hectic and exhausting these past few weeks have been, I'm loving the light at the end of the tunnel.
  • I love that I drive past a good half-mile of cornfield & forest area before I get to my neighborhood.
  • I love instant access to ice & cool water. I'm talking to you, new fridge.
  • I love that someone drove past us on the way to the mailbox yesterday, and stopped to welcome us to the neighborhood. (Ignoring the Stepford creepy factor)
  • I love the backyard that will actually get use. Now that padre has applied copious amounts of poison to the deck, the roach infestation won't be a deterrent. As much.
  • I love the natural light. Yes, I sound like an HGTV renter, but seriously. Scroll back up and admire that glow.
  • I love the developing coffee nook next to the fridge
  • I love how the house looks & feels fresher with every small update. I'm talking to you, A/C return air vent.
  • I can't find my mousepad. That's ok. We'll unpack it sooner or later. Along with everything else.
  • I love that the door to the master bath area closes so we don't wake each other up getting ready in the morning.
  • I don't know where to put anything. The chaos is tangible.
  • I love that there are no broken down cars sitting in driveways, or visible hoarders, or skid marks on the street, or overgrown yards, or traffic cones covered in holiday garland... I love living in a neighborhood where people are taking care of their homes.
  • I love that hubs will be installing the cat door this evening. 
So anyway, the list of things to do is still a mile long and we still don't have any window treatments on the office windows. I'm talking to you, chick walking her dog on rollerblades and all my neighbors who are forming opinions about us by peering in the windows. Yeah, we make Ikea furniture look gooood.

No comments:

Post a Comment