09 December 2014

doggie diaries

Sunday evening several important things happened.
1. Laundry
2. Floors were cleaned
3. We dropped Andy off at boarding school.

Essentially, she's there for about 2 weeks to learn basic commands such as sit, stay, heel, etc. Perhaps the most important lesson will be how to respond to the word No. Which will immediately be applied to situations such as garbage can diving and chomping down on tissue boxes.

So right now I have a clean, dog-less house. Let's all take a moment to breathe in the absence of eau de dog.

While I expected to react this way, what I did not expect was a very tiny amount of missing-ness. I suppose I'd started to adapt to having her around. Not to mention that Chris certainly misses her company. My efforts to make her part of the family seem to have engrained themselves in my psyche. Good job, me.

I'm looking forward to developing a new-ish routine that involves keeping the dog inside like Chris wants, but still managing the dog hair and odor so that I'm happy. Compromise. The poor dog is just caught in the middle. She can't help that she's stinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment