20 July 2016

crumbly tumbly

Sometimes you have to listen to your body.

I had soup and sandwiches and yoga planned for tonight, but I simply didn't feel up to any of it. I've been exhausted and drained and just plain not feeling good.

My stomach has been a bit cranky lately. Which is scary because it was so good for so long and I'm scared things are going to return to the way they used to be. I was feeling really good there for a while. I hope I can get things back to that.

The littlest things can make a big difference. For instance, lately I've been eating granola for breakfast at work because it was on sale at the grocery store and it's easy to pull out of my locker. Even though every morning I've really been wanting an egg. And you know what? I don't feel great afterwards. It's like I'm giving my body the wrong nutrients.

I think it's time to reset. I went from eating and drinking like a frat boy to cramming salads down my throat. And my body's been like, whoa. Neither of those things has been very calming for the cranky tummy. Even salads can be too much roughage, especially after a greasy booze bender. 

It's tough to find a balance when things aren't very calm to begin with.

I took a moment to listen to my body. To figure out what to eat to make me feel good. And tonight, I had some watermelon, white rice, and scrambled eggs for dinner. With a few cherry tomatoes and a bit of shredded spinach in the eggs because although I didn't particularly want veggies, I don't feel right cutting them out altogether. And I drank lots of water. Refreshing, soothing, gentle. Easy on the ole digestive tract.

It might seem like an odd combination, but it feels like that was the right meal to eat. My body felt better afterwards. Certainly not back on track, but better than if I had scarfed down a bunch of chips and washed it down with wine. Or even eaten a big salad. 

I'm really hoping to level things out with... myself. It's really not fun feeling like this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment