22 December 2017

counting blessings

I am pleased about a few things.

One.
The cold front came through and I can turn off the air conditioning again, yay! Opened as many windows and doors as I can to let that fresh cool air inside. I've been enjoying my $50 electric bills. (Oh, BTW Energy Ogre is legit and I highly recommend trying it.)

Two.
Got all my shopping done today! Mom graciously offered to ride along with me in my quest to complete everything on my list. We went to every drugstore in a 20-mile radius trying to find the travel size Simple face wipes for my 5 favorite things. We were unsuccessful but she stayed positive and didn't try to talk me into buying the regular-sized ones just to end our quest, which I ended up doing anyway.
And the cashier at Trader Joe's berated me a little too enthusiastically for buying 5 jars of Everything but the Bagel seasoning without actually buying bagels. It was uncomfortable.
And she was morally supportive when the ATM literally started shooting $20 bills all over the floor at Walgreens. I try not to make a scene when I'm withdrawing large amounts of money...
Then she bought me lunch so overall it was a good morning.
Also I decided that if I went to the ATM for my family's Christmas gifts, I'm not going to stress over Chris's family's gifts. This year they can also enjoy a $20 bill with a ribbon around it.

Three.
I located charcoal capsules, which help muchly after an evening of lit-ness. Which we will be doing much of in the next few days.

Four.
I spent the afternoon lounging, reading magazines with Pumpkin, doing laundry, and overall enjoying my vacation. To be honest I'm a little bored, but I figure enough fun will be had in the next few days to make up for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment