24 December 2017

Litmas

Most people wake up after a night of partying and say, "Oh, I'm never drinking like that again."

I woke up from a night of partying saying, "Oh, I'm never eating like that again."
The food hangover is worse than the alcohol hangover. It's a thing.

There were so many dips. And so many vessels for those dips. I sampled them ALL in every combination. That buffalo chicken dip. It was so good. But now my belly is so bloated. Worth it.

The 5 favorite things was such a big hit, again. It's so much better than a white elephant or secret santa because everyone gets something fun, and you learn a little bit about people at the same time. Some people bring 5 of the same thing, and some bring 5 different things and it all works out.

I brought Trader Joe's Everything but the Bagel seasoning, and Simple face wipes. I continuously love those face wipes, although now I prefer the travel size because a big pack would sometimes start to dry out before I could use them all.

I would up getting the following favorite things from other people:


Collin's favorite- a six pack of Bud Light- which I will keep for Ashley haha
Stephen's favorite- A glass promoting pizza
Karen's favorite- A beautiful Lennox ornament
Caylan's favorite- A pair of sparkly earrings
I can't remember who brought this one: A flask with a jewish pun. Possibly my favorite thing ever.

I also got a banh mi sandwich from Akhtar that I gave to my dad because (obviously) I couldn't eat it. The earrings were a bonus because somehow Caylan left the party before the exchange, or somehow didn't get to participate.

Worth noting: Calvin picked out gifts for all the aunts and uncles again this year. Last year he picked for me a little nativity scene. This year he picked out a giant bottle of wine and some sour patch kids. It's like he knows me or something.

So much merry was made, and I'm thankful the holidays this year involve fun folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment