26 December 2017

in-between-ness

It's that weird few days between Christmas and New Years. Things are not back to normal because I took off work, and things are not exactly festive because it's between holidays. Too early to start carrying out resolutions with enthusiasm.

Fighting the urge to start packing up Christmas. It seems that every year I get a little more disenchanted even though I try my best to enjoy the pretty decorations and lights, and soak in the holiday. Now that Christmas has passed, it seems silly to keep up all the decorations. However, there's no harm in keeping things up for a few more days. I'm mostly just bored looking for something to do. Plus the house will look better decorated if I end up hosting out-of-town relatives for Frank's wedding.

Speaking of that, I cleaned up the guest room/Chris's room, which has become an extra room where I throw extra crap, like the boxes for all the Thanksgiving and Christmas decorations. I moved all that stuff into the closet so now it's clean with fresh clean sheets and a fluffy comforter... which quickly got a cat-shaped indentation in the middle.

Today I made it to the hardware store to get a new flusher for the toilet (that broke a few days ago). Did you know that they have different flushers for front handles and side handles? Have you ever even paid attention to that? I haven't, and I guessed wrong in the store. Derp.

Stopped by the grocery store and found 4 of the Simple face wipes I spent half a day looking for last week. Of course I bought all of them. Also I shopped hungry so magically Fritos and cheese dip made it into the cart and now I hate myself.

On the way home I checked the mail and the ONLY thing in the mailbox was the latest issue of Cooking Light. It was like the universe was telling me to sit back and relax. So I obliged. I enjoyed a hot bath with a glass of wine and an episode of Dr. Who. No, I haven't mounted a tv in the bathroom... yet. I just popped my phone in a plastic baggie and watched it on the Amazon app. I needed to relax SOOOO bad. I feel a bit more restored.

Suzy got me a RocksBox subscription and I'm SO excited to try it! It's kind of like that designer handbag rental from the Sex and the City movie, but with jewelry. You get to try allll kinds of jewelry, as much as you want, and only buy the pieces that speak to you. So I can rock a different designer piece of jewelry every day without having to pay for it. Um, yes please. I've been stalking the website to see when my box ships.

Oh, crap. I wanted to find some shoes to wear to Frank's wedding and I guess that will give my life purpose tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment