26 December 2017

Jewish Christmas

Well this Christmas Eve was a little different.

We stayed in a hip and trendy hotel downtown, hit up Katz's deli twice, and enjoyed Christmas Eve in a tailor-by-day, bar-by-night establishment.  Enjoyed the company of, most notably, an outspoken Jewish bartender in a Hawaiian shirt and a retired judge dressed up as Santa and his wife, who hand out booze to the homeless every Christmas Eve.

They had one of those cool digital jukeboxes so I fed it a $20 and everyone took a few turns picking out jams. Towards the end of the night, when everyone was pretty well lit, a man walked in who was fairly obnoxious and ended up talking to me about statistics. I just agreed with what he said for about 20 minutes before I got up and escaped. Turns out, he ended up picking up our tab. All four of us. And we'd been drinking for hours... the bill was no doubt over a couple hundred bucks. Classy move, I think? After that, we ended up accidentally stealing his uber and had to circle the block and go back and wait for our real uber. At that point in the evening it was hilarious to most of us, except him...

Overall, it was fun and I'm glad I didn't have to sit at home lonely with my cat on Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment