23 May 2009

crafty pogs

I didn't know what to do today, and my horoscope said to be crafty. Okay, crafty it is. It's not like I don't have a list of things I want to accomplish this summer, full of random crafty things. I've been feeling very martha lately. I think working on projects like this gives me time to think and self-reflect a little.

The varnish on the old table that I use as a nightstand started flaking off, so today I started sanding it down to paint it. For the paint, I'm going the white route this time, to streamline the process and avoid unwanted random colors that don't turn out right.

I totally spaced on the "before" picture and didn't take one.
We've had this table for a really long time. I think we brought it from California. It's made really well, with solid wood and screws. As I was sanding, I found a pog stuck underneath it. It was a Christmas one. Remember pogs? They were popular for only a few years, but I had a ton of them. And I guess one of us decided to stick one up under there, and it's been there for years.

Well, now I have an hour to kill while the paint dries before the second coat. I am totally nasty, covered in dust from sanding, paint, and sweat. If I shower, I'll just get nasty all over again. Maybe I'll take a nap in the middle of the floor, haha.

1 comment:

  1. It's sweet you do all this painting of furniture. I have never done such a thing and would have no idea what I'm doing. It seems like a totally useful redecorating skill!

    ReplyDelete