28 May 2009

salty romance


Three guesses who these are from. I bet you only need one, though.
Yup, Chris.

Was it a lovely gesture?
Yes.

Am I taking that gesture with an enormous grain of salt?
You bet I am. I'd be an idiot not to.

I would get into how I've gotten used to not having him around, how I'm not sure I want to get attached again, how I bet you that things will be great at first but slowly go back downhill, but let's just leave it up in the air for now. Keep this balance between optimism and skepticism; it's a good place right now.

Let him take me out on a few dates, buy me some dinner, do a little redeeming. I honestly don't know where I stand, or where I will end up standing.

Besides, I'm super tired and want to get some sleep. Nite!

3 comments:

  1. Regardless of the flowers purpose, they are certainly pretty and you deserve them. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let him redeem, but keep that grain of salt in mind! I got your back! :-)

    ReplyDelete