30 May 2009

fuck sick!

WHY do I never get sick on Monday? Why do I always get sick on a Friday, so that there are no doctors to go to until Monday? Then by the time Monday rolls around I've suffered all weekend and am starting to feel better and don't need to see the doctor anymore. WHY??

Last night was horrible. I was so miserable I even started crying. I kept getting to that point in feverish-ness where I would wake up shivering and be unable to sleep. At one point I gave up on sleep, hobbled my shivering self to the couch, and was watching vacuum and penis pump infomercials at 4am. Only 4 easy payments of 24.95!

Then, the ibprofen wore off. I can't even begin to describe the pain that comes with an infected tonsil. Every swallow is met with a flinch. I didn't want to take any more meds on an empty stomach because the last thing I needed was nausea on top of everything else. I finally got up and made some rice, took some pills, and now the meds are starting to kick in.

I thought a good night's sleep would bring my fever down and I could do some of the fun things I had planned for today, but I didn't get a good night's sleep and I woke up with a 102 fever. Even a miserable lukewarm shower didn't help. Don't you remember taking lukewarm baths when you were sick as a kid and how much they sucked? They don't get better as you get older, haha.

Now I feel slightly better. The aches aren't as bad, but there's still that fever and the pain. My mom looked in my mouth with a flash light and said there's pus on my tonsil. Ewww. I kinda wanna go play but it will probably make me feel worse, and I don't want to infect anyone. Boo. I'm feeling good enough to be bored, but not good enough to do something.

I am so SICK of being SICK!!

1 comment:

  1. Uck. That really and truly sounds miserable. One of my favorite perks of being sick is being able to watch all that trash tv and have an excuse... but middle of the night trash tv is a whole different (and less entertaining) ball park.
    I hope your starting to feel better today.

    ReplyDelete