12 May 2009

insomnia and grades

Man, I feel like crap. Why? Well let's go over my night.

I studied to about 10, then I started to feel... just crappy, so I watched a little bit of tv and then went to bed.

... And tossed and turned for 2 hours. Finally I got up and ate some ice cream while watching Futurama. Then I realized I was hungry but the ice cream made me cold so I wanted something hot. I opened a can of soup that was really gross, threw that out, and resorted to rice cakes because I didn't want to start a cooking production in the middle of the night. I got to sleep at about 130, and slept in a strange position on the couch until I woke up at about 4.

I crawled back into bed, and laid there awake until I heard Pumpkin whining to be let in at about 530. I think I fell asleep somewhere in the 6 o'clock hour, slept intermittently, and woke up at 830.

What the hell man? I was tired but I couldn't sleep, and I really wanted to get a good night's sleep before this Cal test today. I wasn't thinking about anything that should have kept me up, I wasn't worrying about anything. For some reason I couldn't get comfortable, like my pillows weren't quite right. The best sleep I got all night was 2 1/2 hours lopsided on my couch.

I got an email from my biodiversity prof and I think I made an A or a high B in that class, depending on how the curve goes. I got a 90 on my paper and got above average on the exams, but I didn't do so well on the participation grade.

And I just found out I got a 5o on the evolutionary final I took yesterday. What the hell? I knew that material, but I have found that I make stupid mistakes with this guy's tests. He just words things funny and tries to trick you. Well, I fell for them. WhatthefuckEVER man, I never have to worry about that crappy class again. That class has done nothing but piss me off all semester.

I do, on the other hand, want to do well in Cal. I started off hating this class, but I've found that I'm not too terrible at it! I feel like I have a shot at getting a B in this class- something I never imagined. Let's hope my mental and energy levels don't crash until AFTER the final.

Then, Thursday is my psych final, but that's maybe 3 hours of studying max and I'll get an A.

I'm so close to freedom I can taste it!

... it tastes like coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment