17 May 2009

crafty

Now that I'm feeling like a human again, I wanted to post my before & after bookshelf makeover.

Except... the paint color I picked looked a lot different than what I actually got. I wanted orange, and the color I chose had a lot more red to it, so it was darker and warmer, almost like a sunset orange.

When they mixed it, I ended up with a brighter sherbert orange, which is not bad, but not what I was expecting. I would have re-painted it but I just wanted to get it done with. Now I have a half-gallon left of orange paint that I don't know what to do with. Suggestions?

I didn't take a before picture of the bookshelves overflowing with towels and random stuff, but it was messy.

Before:



After:


Oh, and I got the little baskets at the dollar store for, yes, a dollar each. The little wastebasket on the bottom fits perfectly and holds all my bathing suits. Yay for cute organization!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good! I love the basket organization especially!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo that is super-cute! I admire your bookcase and your craftsy skills.

    ReplyDelete