01 July 2009

work it babay

Today my mom came up to me and whispered, "At least I know your brother is practicing safe sex- I found a condom in his pocket when I did his laundry." Thanks, mom. I totally wanted to think about my brother's sex life-- but to her credit, at the same time I am also glad he's not getting herpes or knocking someone up.

Moving on.
At the moment some healthy strawberry sherbert is freezing in the ice cream maker. Last summer, I tried to make some, but it turned out horribly sweet and I threw it all away. I'm hoping this batch turns out better.

Tummy update: Doing very well, except when I go on a face-stuffing spree. At least now I know I can control it by eating only when I'm actually hungry, choosing healthier foods, stopping when I'm not hungry, and eating slower. It really is hard to break old habits, and I'm having to constantly remind myself to slow down and not eat out of boredom. I can feel the results, though. I'm feel proud of myself when I only take one pill in the morning, and if I start to feel funky I'm reaching for tums instead of pepto bismol.

I've also gotten my lazy butt out of bed and worked out about 5 days a week, even if I only have time for a short workout. I haven't been going balls out, just doing some light weights and cardio. I'm able to get through longer periods of cardio without feeling dizzy, and I can feel my core getting stronger.

So yeah, that's all I want to write about for now.

1 comment:

  1. That's good! I hear that frequent short work-outs are better for you than just one long exercise binge. Optimally, you want to do at least 30 minutes, 3 times a week...you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete