12 October 2009

attack!

Dude, it happened again.

I was sitting in class, feeling really hungry, when I started to feel lightheaded, weak, and shaky.

Then I felt like I was dunked into a tub of icy hot, and my head started feeling intensely tingly and I knew I was having another one of those strange moments. I couldn't get up and walk out because I was afraid I'd fall down, so I just put my head in my hands and tried to be discrete.

Then I could see the blackness coming in out of my peripheral vision, but I knew that I wouldn't actually pass out because I haven't when this has happened before. I just closed my eyes and waited for it to pass. I couldn't hear anything, I couldn't see anything.

I broke out in a cold sweat and I could feel my forehead getting clammy, and my heart was pounding.

I don't know how long it lasted, but it felt like forever. I am so glad it passed before the lecture was over, but I felt exhausted and shaky and my stomach felt crappy.

I went down to lunch, but I couldn't eat anything because my stomach was so upset, so I left early for the day.

I took a little nap and my stomach feels a little better but now my head hurts.

What the heck is this? I haven't noticed a correlation between the few times that it has happened. Once was driving down the freeway, once was in the middle of the night during a migraine, once was when I was changing my prilosec dosage, and this one was in the middle of freaking class when I was starving.
They seem to be getting less intense each time it happens. Really odd.

1 comment:

  1. It is probably stress. That kind of thing tended to happen to me in college, but not so much since I started yoga. I will show you some breathing exercises!

    ReplyDelete