24 October 2009

Noooo!

What a disastrous morning.

Last night I worked on the fondant pieces for Dayna's boat baby shower cake, and baked the cakes so this morning I would only have to put it together. It went smoothly, and things turned out really nice.

I got up this morning and put the cake together and it turned out really cute. As I was walking from the counter to put the cake on the table, I tripped over the little bin that I keep my cake decorating supplies in, and I dropped the cake.

I could see it in slow motion sailing through the air and landing in a pile... it was awful. Like something you'd see in a movie. I sat there for a second looking at it and I'm sure my mouth was hanging open, then I stooped down, grabbed a chunk, and ate it. It was delicious, of course.

After my slow-motion stupor ended, I screamed for mom and then we began a frenzy of running to the store to pick up some emergency cupcakes while I cleaned up the mess and tried to salvage some pieces. I was able to save the little fondant baby Stephen on a life preserver, and the life preserver that was stuck to the side of the boat. Thankfully, Sam's came to the rescue and whipped up some cupcakes really fast. I put the fondant life preservers on the cupcakes, but that's all I could do.

I can't believe I dropped that cake. I didn't even get a picture of it. I know Dayna understands, but I really wanted her to have a nice baby shower cake. And thank GOD we were able to get some cupcakes at the last minute. Maybe I can make up for it on his 1st birthday. ;o)

The shower was fun, but we had to leave kinda early because my mom wasn't feeling well. It was just a really strange morning/ afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man thats crazy! I can so see it happening in slow motion. I had a fear of doing the same to the monopoly cake when i was picking it up.

    Glad you were able to salvage the situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. boo! but thanks so much for all the work you did anyway!

    i'm starting to think scott & i are bad baking luck for you. chocolate chip cookies, the cake, i'm not sure what's going to happen next.

    YOU'RE AWESOME! and the fondant stephen is SO cute i just don't know what to do with him.

    ReplyDelete