29 October 2009

Today.

Hoo I'm tired.

Highlights of my day:

1. I told Ashley she could do her "30 day shred" workout video in my room this morning, and I decided to join her. Holy crap I was DYING. I can see how that thing can work in just 30 days.

2. On the way to school I saw a spider on the windshield, and it crawled up on the visor. Just as I was thinking, "I should probably kill it so it doesn't fall on me," Yep, it fell on me. I screamed and tried to swat it off of me and not get into an accident on the freeway, and it fell somewhere beyond where I could see.

I took the next exit, and I happened to come upon a cop who had pulled someone over. Of course as I'm exiting he decided to cut me off and get back on the road, and as I was trying to find a place to pull over he was saying something over the loudspeaker that I just ignored. He must not have been talking to me because he didn't pull me over or anything. I got out, made sure the spider wasn't on me, and checked the car. Of course I didn't find the spider. I still don't want to think about where it went.

3. As I was coming up the escalator leaving school today, there was an old man at the top. When my friend and I got to the top, he asked us if we were leaving for the day. We said yes, then he started a conversation with us, asking if we were nurses. We said no, we were students, and that we were lab students. He joked in that old man flirty way that there were so many pretty nurses at the hospital. (I know this is coming out creepy, but it really was cute.)
He then said that his wife was there for chemo and that the hospital was so nice, and everyone was really nice. At that point we had reached the point where we had to turn on the skybridge to the parking garage, and wished him a nice day.
I felt kinda bad and wished I had a few free minutes to talk with him. He just seemed so lonely and sad and wanted someone to talk to while his wife was getting her treatment. I know it's silly, but I felt guilty for not stopping to talk with him more.

4. I got mexican food for dinner. Now I'm full, tired, and don't want to study any more. I think I'll go to bed early and get up early to study before the test. I wish I could say I'm looking forward to this weekend (especially because it's Halloween!), but it looks like my Halloween will be mostly full of studying. Ughh.

1 comment:

  1. omg, a spider in the car while I'm driving is one of my biggest fears! My mom once new a lady who got in a huge car accident because of it and I've been paranoid about it ever since. I'm glad you were able to keep you cool when it fell on you!

    ReplyDelete