16 February 2010

back at it

It's very hard to study right now.

I think I must have opened facebook, took a quick peek, and closed it again 12 times in the past hour. Double-checking blogs I've already read, clicking on links I wouldn't otherwise click on, looking for something to do besides study.

I ate half-off Valentine's candy for dinner. 3/4 a box of assorted chocolates, a few of those conversation hearts, and a chocolate-covered marshmallow heart. Now I have stomach cramps and a (no doubt sugar-induced) headache. Self control, where did I leave you?

This blood bank stuff is actually not bad. I seem to be absorbing the majority of it- the basic stuff anyway. Exams every Monday and Friday- it makes my weekends extra sucky but at least there are no Wednesday exams tossed in there this semester. Maybe I can catch Modern Family now.

Micro actually sounds interesting. Funky bacteria, I can't wait to grow you. It's been a long time since I've streaked a plate, and I remember how satisfying it was. The lecturer kept referring to "sputum" and that seriously grosses me out. Maybe by the time this is over, mucus & spit won't make me have to suppress a gag.

Madre's birthday is tomorrow. I don't have a gift for her yet and I'm not sure what to get her. I'll pick something up on the way home from school. Me & Ash were talking to her today and asked her how old she'd be. We were both surprised to hear she's older than we assumed. She does not look it.

I'm curious guys, how old do you think my mom is? Don't worry, she will never see it, haha.

5 comments:

  1. Your mom looks very young but im going to guess high...

    She looks in her 40s but im going to guess 54?

    ReplyDelete
  2. somewhere between 47-50. either way she looks good

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kind of remember my mom's age, 50 something. So I'm guessing 50 something? Your mom is so youthful though and always has such a beaming smile and personality, I always think of her as being in her late 40s. My mom too, but I think my mom is 53...54...shoot I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So any of us right? or close?

    ReplyDelete
  5. 48. close but y'all all guessed high using logic, haha

    ReplyDelete