04 February 2010

peeves & pencil erasers

Fun fact:

If you ever see me use the word "strange" on here, I probably wanted to use the word "weird" instead but I don't know how to spell it. I mix up the E and the I. It's one of those words that's never stuck with me. I always have to spell-check it and it's easier just to type "strange" or "odd" or something similar than to stop and think about how to spell it or go back and spell-check.

Pumpkin likes to chew on erasers. My pen/pencil cup is full of pencils with chewed-on erasers.

My new pet-peeve: Just because I'm a student doesn't mean that I'm the one who messed something up. I appreciate the learning experience and please show me so that I don't make that mistake, but don't automatically assume it was me who did it in the first place.

They don't come right out and say it, but they give that tone or go straight to me when something's messed up. It happens every once in a while, and it's often when I wasn't even around or was working on something completely different. I'm not saying I'm perfect, but I don't do anything that I'm not sure I'm doing correctly; I always ask. Rather than argue, I just say OK but I really wanna bash people in the head sometimes.

Especially because I've seen other people doing the wrong thing but it's not my place to be correcting people. When I see that I act confused and ask something innocent like, "So how do we determine when do we do things this way rather than the other way I was taught?" That will usually get some attention.

Long day, no bike ride AGAIN. I hate this shitty weather. Keep the cold, lose the rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment