21 February 2010

hyper Sunday logic

Ashley, here is your blog entry.

I am currently on lecture 2/3 studying for the micro exam tomorrow. All hyped up on Hot Tamales, sweet tarts, and this huge can of Starbucks Mocha Doubleshot drink that Chris left in my fridge. It's actually really freaking good. I can tell I'm too hyped up because when I try to write my hand shakes a bit, lol.

But I must keep trudging.

Kathy and I were talking this week about how much Sundays suck.

Friday afternoons are the best, with the whole glorious weekend ahead of us. As soon as we get out of class, there's automatically a weight off our chests. No worries, just freedom and a giddy smile on our faces. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, and everything is happy.

Saturdays are great, sleeping in with no guilt, spending the day doing whatever, staying up late with the same freedom.

Then comes Sunday like a partly cloudy day before a storm.

The impending doom of Monday always kind of takes the joy out of Sunday, even though we're technically off. Plus, we're usually cramming for an exam on Sunday. If we sleep in, half of the day is gone and there's that much less time to cram, and that much less time off.
It's bittersweet.

Earlier I was at my desk studying. Pumpkin was curled up snoozing in her box, and Chris was carelessly napping in my bed. The light was coming in drowsily through the windows. And there I was, surrounded by happy nappers! In less than 6 months, I too will be able to nap at whim on Sundays, with no more schoolwork to worry about.

Adding to today's suckage is the fact that I have not yet received my micro textbook and I think it would be very helpful for tomorrow's exam. Anyway, this information is not going to magically get into my head. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment