23 February 2010

bugs & puzzles & facebook scrabble


One of the things I'd like to do this year is complete a puzzle. (See? it's listed on the sidebar.)
I was at Walmart the other day and they had some on sale, so I picked it up for 3 bucks.

I started it tonight. I'm going to let myself do 15 minutes a night to wind down before bed. It's actually fun and it's surprisingly easy to not think about anything while I'm doing it. I did it for about an hour before I even realized the time passed. Who knew you could get lost in a puzzle?

Today we messed around with Neisseria gonorrhoea and Neisseria meningitidis, along with the usual S. aureas and E. coli, amongst other nasty creatures. It was great fun but it was a long lab and I got tired out around 2. Lab days are usually long days and they tire me out.

Been procrastinating ever since I got home. Must make myself do 30 minutes of uninterrupted studying. That's how I do it- I actually set a timer and do small increments until it goes off.

But first I have to finish this facebook scrabble game with my brother. I can't believe he's beating me by about 40 points. I'm actually ashamed to admit it!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay puzzles! When you said you wanted to spend 15 minutes I night I instantly thought, "ya right - you'll get sucked in". So I thought it was funny when the next sentence was about how you already got sucked it!

    I've always like puzzles because they are one of those things that you can do and at the same time think about things - or you can do an just zone out. To me, their kind of meditative.
    I also like to do them with friends for the same reason. It's a lot like like sitting around a fireplace - you can sit in a circle by each other for hours and just enjoy each others company and not talk at all, or you find yourself having one of those deep 'life' conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 40 points eh...that like nothing compared to how you are wooping me

    ReplyDelete