29 April 2010

summer

Done with another semester. I get a week of summer vacation, then start rotations. First blood bank, then micro. I'm in the home stretch. We have 100 days left until we graduate. 100 days of summer that will no doubt drag by.

Got a letter from Chris today. I can't write back because he's in the medical platoon for a case of cellulitis on his foot and he'll get a new address when he's better and back in training. I want to tell him he should have changed his socks like Lt. Dan said in Forrest Gump. Anyway, it was a pretty short letter on official Marine stationery that made him feel SO far away. I've never seen a whole page of his handwriting. It looks like such boy handwriting and invoked all kinds of missing-ness.

So my favorite part of the letter:

HAHAHA nice.

Nap time. For real this time because there is no schoolwork to keep me up! (Actually we have online summer courses and case studies that I have to get done, but I'm choosing not to!) Besides, I'm freaking exhausted.
And, my mom is determined that I shall drink with her on the back porch tonight. Like, she's abnormally excited about it, haha. So Darn, I guess I'll have to have some drinks tonight. ;o)

1 comment: