02 April 2010

spring cleaning

I am in serious spring cleaning mode today. It is LONG overdue.

I've bleached every available surface in the kitchen and bathroom, cleaned many cobwebs and dust bunnies, taken down curtains and washed them, changed my bed including the skirt, windows, mirrors, table tops, rugs, lampshades, the air conditioning filter... you name it, it's being cleaned.

I figured the extra dirt, dust and cat hair is not helping this allergy situation that seems to be extra bad this year. I feel like crapola. I even had to sleep on the couch last night because if I laid all the way down, I couldn't breathe. I had to stay kinda propped up.

You know what's extra disgusting? I have one of those clear plastic things that you put under rolling desk chairs, and when I lifted it up to vacuum, I found MOLD growing on the carpet & rug under it. GROSS!! The entire carpet that was underneath it was also damp, as if the plastic kept moisture underneath it when it gets really humid. Needless to say, it has been removed and a copious amount of hydrogen peroxide is now soaking the floor.

I had been moving nonstop for about 3 hours this morning getting a ton of stuff done when I figured I'd better take a lunch break. I scarfed down some leftover potatoes, then kept going. Except then I started to feel queasy so I made myself sit and slow down for a minute. Which is why I'm blogging.

I still have the floors to do, finish the laundry, and replace all the curtains & rugs. My desk is a mess, and I plan to put winter clothes away and bring out summer stuff. There's also the top of the fridge, the bookshelf, the kitchen cabinets, the bathroom cabinets, and underneath the kitchen table to clean/organize, but they might be projects for another day. We'll see how my stamina holds up. I might just nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment