20 August 2011

duuuuude

I love Serenity's parties. I think it's because of the chip bowls. Not really... although they are quite nice. I think it's because she knows really great people. To be honest, most of the good friends I have today I met through her. If I make an hour drive both ways to go to a party, you know it's good.

That being said, I have a headache today and it's hard to get my ass moving. So I'm sitting here with a cup of coffee crouched over my desk trying to wake up.

The parentals are back from a job in Wyoming or Colorado or something. It was a quiet week around here. I'm comforted by the sound of dad playing on his computer and mom shuffling around.

I finally got a respectable phone call from Chris last night. A Marine in their Company was killed last week, hence the no phones or internet for a while. I've always been sad to hear of news of any soldier that's been killed, but now it hits so much closer to home. In a split second, it could be my loved one. My heart still goes out to that hero's family... only now in a different way.

Anyway, lighter note. Akhtar, ever the one coming up with unique things to do, has signed us up for Pinot's Palette at the ballpark. Painting, wine, and a baseball game. Diggin' it. Nachos and those frozen Minute Maid things, here I come.

P.S. If you ever find limp celery in the back of your fridge, cut off the end and stand the stalks in a glass of water. They'll go from limp to... err... crunchy... in a few hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment