09 August 2011

happens

Things to note:

- Hired a new person at work. It went like this:

My boss, randomly: I think we're going to hire a lab assistant. [We're about to double our day's workload, but in the second shift]
Me: Cool.

Fast forward a few days later and a girl shows up in the lab, without warning, and I'm supposed to train her. Oh! Okay cool. In about 5 seconds I realize she knows absolutely nothing about the lab. Not even what kind of tubes we use, what tests we run on them, or anything. So I start from scratch. She's catching on, but it's a little difficult when I assume she knows something about what I'm explaining, and she doesn't. Then I have to backtrack and try to undo the confusion I've just created. Overall, I think she will be ok.

-HUMONGOUS awesome sister shoutout to Ashley.

See, yesterday I couldn't find the cat. Every day when I come home from work, she's either laying on my windowsill or running back home when my car pulls into the driveway. Yesterday, there was no cat. I had let her out when I left for work, so I figured she had hunkered down somewhere in the heat of the day. But after a few hours of searching inside and out, I still hadn't found her. Then I started getting paranoid thinking she'd gotten run over or heatstroke or trapped in someone's garage or dead in the ditch.

But I wasn't going to go up and down the streets looking like a dork yelling for my cat by myself.  I was voicing these fears to Ashley, who had plans that evening, and she graciously offered to stop by after work and help me look for 15 minutes before she had to head home and do her thing. Just as she was about to get to the house, Pumpkin ran in my room. She had been under Suzy's bed the whole time, and I had even peeked my head in her room shaking treats with no response. Freaking cat.

So, I was glad she was safe and even happier that Ashley was willing to look like a dork with me in the blazing heat, when she had other plans. That's an awesome sister, folks.

-About to send a box of mouse traps to Chris. He says there's an infestation, and they crawl on him at night and everything. Ugh. He's gunna get the freaking Hantavirus. (Thanks, Missy, for that immediate association between mice and hantavirus)

1 comment:

  1. HAHA, glad to hear that you are keeping our troops hantavirus-free!

    ReplyDelete