27 August 2011

Saturday, wait

(it's the wrong day-but it's in my head anyway!)

I'm holed up with the AC on full blast and dark curtains over the windows. Can't shake this effing headache.

Trying to put a positive spin on these work-related issues. It's okay; it's just work. At least I'm getting paid to deal with it. I'm going to take whatever happens and run with it, and do a great job. Kuz that's what I do... no half-assing here.

Taking some comfort in the fact that deployment is on its second half. We're getting notices that soon we won't be able to send packages or mail. Just a few short months until I get to squeeze my hunk of manly Marine. (I just noticed that Chris is in one of the 4th platoon albums, neat)

This absence thing is really putting things into perspective for me. See, if it was all about needing someone to keep me company, I'd have moved on to someone else already. But that just won't do- it's gotta be him. Not that I'm super surprised, we all know I've been smitten since the beginning.

Starting to consider some things that I initially scoffed at-- but no details yet because they're just in the beginning stages of consideration. But still. Stuff's swirling around up there in my head.

Have you ever read the back of the Craisins bag? I know, I'm kind of obsessed with them. But there's a recipe for these amazing-sounding cookies: Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
I've read the recipe while noshing on craisins so many times and have always wanted to make them. Except I need to go to the Whole Foods all the way over on Bellaire to get my favorite gluten free oats.
Would I do that just for a cookie? I might. If I didn't have this headache.

Back to bed, oh hell yes. And my cat who is currently sprawled out on the windowsill. Sometimes, I wish I lived the life of my cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment