11 February 2012

cha-ching

I'm in one of those "Want to go shopping and spend some money" moods.

Decided to get a 5-pack of Broadway tickets with a few people. Pretty excited about that! We were inspired last night by a poster we walked by after leaving a show by the Dominic Walsh Dance Theater. the choreography was a bit twitchy for me, but still entertaining, and a dash of much-needed culture. I'm most excited to see Beauty and the Beast, and Wicked. Yay for being an adult and being able to drop some cash on fun things!

So let's touch on a few of the topics I've been talking about lately:

Chris. This squad leader's course is kicking his ass. It's really hardcore. Of course he can handle it; he's hardcore as well. It's just intense and exhausting.

He told me about this girl who works in one of the stores on base that looks just like me. (You know, the generic white girl look.) Anyway, he said he does a double-take every time. I told him not to get any funny ideas.

Work. Remember? We're not talking about that.

Cat. Two days of wet food and I swear she's a different cat. She's so... happy.

Wedding: Decided to go ahead and get a band. I'd LOVE a diamondy custom band, but I'm leaning towards one of the simple, unadorned skinny ones. For one major reason: so that I can wear it at work under my gloves without a problem, and also so it will be easy to disinfect. No cracks and crevices for funky stuff to live in. I'm thinking we could get a fancier one when we do the "second wedding" or maybe as an anniversary thing. That's what I've decided today.

Also, my mom decided that we need to get back on the wedding dress hunt.

I finally got a chance to wear this dress last night. And it looked way better on me than it does on the model. I texted Chris last night that he 'would love the dress I was wearing,' and he replied with, "Is it white?" I guess he's got the dress on his mind, too.

So I guess we'll be doing that this week. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. i want to come dress shopping!!! PWEASE?!

    ReplyDelete