25 February 2012

money and food and a cute old man

This morning's plans included going to the farmer's market to get some fresh produce. Try and get this healthy-eating and cooking thing kick-started again.

Then I paid some bills. I spent a lot of freaking money this month! There's none left!

So it will be pantry meals and freezer veggies this week. And what I mean by that, is I'll eat the bread in my fridge and make some strange meals with canned beans and the sad celery in my fridge.
I seriously need to get the hang of this cooking thing already. It's bothering me that it's been 5 years since I declared it's time to learn, and I still cook very little. And a lot of things still turn out weird. Hm.

Also, I have another patient encounter: The other morning at work I was leaving the lab to get some breakfast, and I encountered an old man in the hallway. I said good morning, and he said that he had come to see his wife, but she had fallen asleep so he was wandering around until she woke back up. So we chatted for a minute and he was just SO DARN CUTE. Whenever I run into these cute old people I wish I had the time to just sit for a few minutes and talk to them. It's also interesting to put faces and situations with the patients' names that I see on the tubes morning after morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment