01 February 2012

Wed-nes-day

How to piss your cat off in 2 easy steps:

1. Make a tuna melt.
2. Don't give her any.

Dental stuff:

My goal is to get all my basic dental (cleaning, fillings re-done, any new cavities filled) finished by April. Just an arbitrary date. The wisdom teeth have to be out before I get married. I can just see an infection flaring up the day before the wedding. Can't you?

I've decided that shitface at work is not worth it. He does not decide to ruin my day; I let him ruin my day. From now on, I'm simply not going to let him.
I'm going to try to be as nice as I can to him, with that positive "I would like to maintain a good coworker relationship" goal in mind. I figure walking around with an "I fricken can't stand you" attitude is not helping things.

I'm also going to stop discussing him. He is not worth the wasted breath, and I also feel like constantly re-hashing his ignorance only fuels the fire. I'm going to have to find a nice way to tell my other coworkers that I don't want to talk about him, even to sympathize in their own issues with him.

Day one went well. Today he was unusually not in my bubble. He kept his distance, finished his own work, and was actually- mostly- pleasant. I don't know if it was my new attitude or if he just happened to not be annoying. Whatever it was, this will be the last that I talk about him as I focus on trying to enjoy my days.

Speaking of coworkers (more awesome ones), Andrea walked into the lab today and said, "Stop everything, I've found your wedding dress. Now don't get too emotional when you see it, because it's perfect."

And then... she showed me this.


And we laughed for about an hour. I can't believe that anyone would even make a dress like that, much less wear it.

You are welcome for that image, Akhtar. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. 1) OMG
    2) I FOUND YOUR DRESS
    ....
    3) JUST BOUGHT IT!!! lol

    thanks for sharing! i laughed so hard!

    ReplyDelete