07 February 2012

twirly whirly

Trying this tonight.



(OMG she's adorable)

Maybe I'll wake up with "princess curls" instead of ragamuffin curls.

Even though I'll have to pull it back when I get to work anyway, it's worth a shot.

Latest wedding-related dilemna: finding a wedding band. I don't want something that will hide or rub against or damage the pretty scrollwork and diamonds on the side. Can you get a ring that's 2/3 of a circle? Even if I could, it would look funny as it stops abruptly.

Chris mentioned that the lady who made the ring could design a band to go with it... but then that brings custom jeweler prices into the mix.

Thinking of getting a teeny tiny band that just fulfills the purpose. A simple one to use for the ceremony.

I'm seriously considering not getting one at all; I don't really want one, nor do I necessarily need one. But everybody else (including Chris) thinks I do.
Thoughts/ feedback?

5 comments:

  1. You need to get a wedding band. and WHO CARES if it's a little expensive for a custom one. There are things you cheap out on, and then there are things you don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed...LIKE A TIARA!!! never skimp on the TIARA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. just get one of those little thinny mini ones that you've been pinning on pintrest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, wedding band. My vote is to get one that matches your engagement ring. Or switch the engagement ring to your right hand once you start wearing the wedding band?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote you def need a wedding band. It's nice to have that as an option to wear when you aren't wearing the full diamond bling.
    I agree that being expensive is not a good enough reason to not get a custom ring. This is a one time, rest of your life purchase, after all. Most important is that you love it, so if a simple band makes you happy, then do it!
    I ended up getting an 'anniversary band' for my wedding band. It's just a plain row of diamonds and I like that I always have a little sparkle on.

    ReplyDelete