06 February 2012

go dog go

Today is the first day I've exercised since December 5th. I know because I blogged about it, haha.

I came home as usual, took off my funky scrubs as usual, but instead of putting on pj pants and a tshirt, I got into workout clothes. Drank my green tea, and headed outside to the park. It's a glorious day. Slightly chilly and sunny, but not windy. Walked, ran about 4.5 minutes, then walked again.

I had the pleasure of watching a dog. I couldn't see an owner anywhere, so I figured he'd escaped from his backyard and was having a grand old time enjoying freedom. He ran through the park at full speed, splashed right into the pond, and started trying to catch the ducks. Then he gave up and took a few minutes to dig out a waterlogged stick and started throwing it around and chomping on it.

He was a really happy friendly dog, tail wagging and playing. But he wasn't one of those that will run up to you all wet & funky and get on your nerves. He just did his thing, having his one-dog dog party. I'd walk by and he would just look up from his fun and smile at me. Cutest thing ever. You just couldn't watch him and not smile. If I had a dog I'd want one like that.

As I was finishing up my workout and leaving the park, the kids were getting out of school and riding their bikes through the park. One kid rode past me and asked, "Have you seen a big yellow dog?" I replied, "Yeah, he's in the pond." He looked annoyed, but I couldn't help but laugh and say, "He's having a great time!"

I don't envy that kid; catching dogs that have escaped for some fun is no easy task.

No comments:

Post a Comment