25 July 2012

car fire

So I'm driving to work this morning.

I take note of the big electronic sign on the side of the freeway that usually notifies us of lost children, misplaced elderly, hurricane season, or drive times. It warns of a major accident at the beltway. So I keep an eye out for it as I approach the beltway, and when I don't see it, I just assume it meant it was on the north side.

Then, as I reach the top of the hill, I see something I've never seen before. A blazing inferno in the middle of the dark freeway. Apparently someone's car caught on fire. I've seen cars on fire, but I've never seen anything like this. The car was completely engulfed in bright yellow flames. I reached it before any of the emergency vehicles arrived, so it was an eerie sight- a bonfire in the middle of the freeway at night.

I drove around it, kinda scared that it might explode, and managed to snap a blurry picture with my phone.


There's nothing on the news about whether anyone was hurt, but I really hope no one was inside.

In other news, I forgot my engagement ring at home today. Even though I don't wear it in the lab, it felt weird.

1 comment: