20 July 2012

traitorous limbs

Earlier this week, I was schlupping down the hallway when I tripped over my own feet, three times in a row. Right in front of a nurse. You might be able to play off one time, but there's no playing off three times in a row. I felt like such a dork.

Earlier this week at dinner, I knocked a plate off the table. Well, more like flipped it off. One end was barely hanging off the edge and I hit it, and it went flipping over itself before it crashed into a bunch of pieces on the floor. Right in front of the waiter. And the table behind me. Nope, can't play that one off either. Then there was that awkward moment where they go get a broom and you're just sitting there waiting for them to clean it up, embarrassed like crazy.

Yesterday, I hung my lab coat over the back of the chair and read a few slides at the microscope. I happened to be sitting on my foot. When I tried to get up, my food untwisted in such a way that it got caught in the pocket of my lab coat. I toppled the chair down with me and scared the heck out of my coworker.

I think it's a sign I need a day off!
Too bad that day is not tomorrow.

P.S. After I wrote that, I went and spilled tea in the hair salon. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment