31 July 2012

cheery disposition

I was trying to explain this to my sister earlier, but I couldn't quite figure out how to put it.

I've been stuck in a shitty disposition for a while. I can't figure out the cause, nor have I been able to shake it off. I've always been a fan of the simple solution to that mood: change things so that you are happy. My philosophy? You can always change things, especially your attitude.

Exhibit A:



You know how when you're not really doing anything, not really engaged in activity or thought, and you're just kinda "there?"

I was sitting at work on my lunch break, just kinda zoning out, when I realized I was scowling. My default facial expression should not be a scowl.

I spent the rest of my lunch break deep in thought about what I can do to change my situation. More importantly, find everyday happiness-- or at the very least, content-ness. I need to find inner peace, which I am hoping yoga will help with, since I'm so resistant to change recently.

Some changes are easier to make than others, especially when they affect other people besides yourself.

I could set myself off on a big adventure, or I could make some stupid decisions and set myself up for failure and drag others down with me. Which is why my choice so far has been to stay put. Take the safe option.

But, the safe option leaves me living every day with a scowl on my face.

In this situation the simplest solution happens to be the only unchangeable variable, which is a bitch. All that leaves is time-- and what I decide to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment