22 July 2012

sparkly interruptions

So last night was interesting.

After the work drama, I headed over to Akhtar's sister's engagement party; a traditional religious ceremony and celebration. It was AWESOME.

I have decided that white people weddings are way boring.
There were so many beautiful clothes in bright colors, and sparkly, sequined, beaded garb. The entire room was a shimmering sight. I loved admiring all of the pretty saris, elaborate jewelry, and beautiful detail.

I even got a picture of Akhtar in all his traditional blinged out glory. I should have gotten a picture of his shoes.



I love the traditions that they have; the groom's family gives the bride a sari (No one gave me clothes when I got engaged!) and then they exchange rings. Then everyone lines up and puts some kind of oil on their foreheads, feeds them chocolate, and throws rose petals (or rice) on the couple and wishes them well. The music was great, the food was delicious, and I had a lovely time.

There was part of the evening when I glanced down at my phone and had several missed calls from my boss. When I called her back, she told me (long story short) that Dipshit had done some kind of maintenance on the chemistry analyzer and now it wasn't working. Of course, I'm the only one who knows how to fix it.

I was seriously upset. I was about to leave to go fix it, when I stopped.
I decided I wasn't going to miss this because of work- because of a problem that Idiot created. I stayed and had a nice time until after dinner, when I headed over to work and took Missy with me. Coincidentally, it was only a few blocks away.

When I got there, in my dress and heels, I stuck my head in the instrument and took about 5 seconds to figure out the problem. A stupid, stupid mistake on Dipshit's part. If he would have just paid attention there would never have been a problem in the first place. The problem was quickly fixed. Yes, I'm a laboratory hero.

Since we were there anyway, I talked Missy into letting me draw her blood and pee in a cup. We ran some tests just for fun, then by that time it was after midnight so we headed home.

It was a bitch waking up this morning, but everything went really smoothly, thank goodness. Honestly, I'm not sure how this week is going to go. I'm so tired. One thing's for sure- I have a ton of overtime and my next paycheck is going to be sweet.

P.S. I need to change my bedsheets. Of course, if I do that, I won't leave it for the rest of the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment