03 July 2012

heebie jeebies

BIGGEST DAMN ROACH I'VE EVER SEEN.

Crawling across my kitchen floor. Mom was talking to me and all of a sudden goes, "There's a big roach."
I jump up and let out an involuntary scream before she can finish the sentence. I run into the house to grab my dad or Tommy or Luke or some other man to kill it. Of course no one's home. So mom grabs a swiffer mop and succeeds in chasing it under my kitchen table while I watch from my atop my coffee table. Nice, mah. Now it's going to hang out there.

So Dad and Tommy walk in the door about 30 seconds later and Tommy's already got a paper towel in his hand, ready to get it. Dad reaches under there, grabs the roach with a paper towel. In his hand. (Oh, no... dear GOD). Then they walk out saying, "Nothing to see here, ma'am." Nice. Real nice.

They sprayed the house for bugs yesterday so I guess they're all coming out now. I didn't even know we had any roaches. Ugh. Shudder. I'm going to be jumpy and paranoid all night after that.

I also saw one on my way in to work this morning. For some reason during the summer time they're all over that stretch of sidewalk and I nearly have a heart attack every morning.

Why can't it be spiders? Or earwigs? Or anything else? Why does it have to be roaches?

Also, maybe it's a sign I need to clean my kitchen better...


No comments:

Post a Comment