04 August 2012

cause&effect

Have you read If You Give a Mouse a Cookie? If you have, you understand how my Saturday went. If you haven't, you didn't have a proper childhood.

It all started when I woke up this morning and made chocolate chocolate chip waffles. Seriously, why have I never done that before?? They're amazing.

Anyway, I spilled a little cocoa on the floor. So, after finishing my waffles, paying some bills, and taking a nap, I cleaned it up.

Which is when I noticed my that floors are atrocious. So I vacuumed and swept.

That is when I noticed that my rugs are disgusting and smelly. So I threw them in the wash.

Which reminded me of the gigantic pile of laundry hiding in my closet. Seriously, I didn't even have clean scrubs for work on Friday- I wore a t-shirt and old scrubs bottoms that are bleach-stained. So I started sorting out my laundry, and since I had a lot of whites, I started a pile that needed bleaching.

Which made me think of my mildew-y shower curtain. So I took it down, threw it in the bleach pile, and went back to the bathroom to spray down the shower and give the toilet and sink a good scrub.

As I was scrubbing the sink, I noticed that my makeup brushes are getting funky. So  I gave those a nice soapy soak.

Which reminded me that I slept in makeup and it got on the pillowcases. So I stripped my bed and added that to the laundry piles.

That's when I saw the ghetto black curtain that I hang over my window because I need to go to bed when it's still light out. That led to busting out my sewing machine and making a proper curtain with some of the fabric that Chris brought back from Afghanistan. I sewed the blackout curtain behind the pretty curtain, making it both pretty and functional.

As I was putting laundry away, I got fed up with my underwear. I have two full drawers of underwear, including the ones that are old, stained, stretched, and faded. So went through and ended up throwing out a grocery bag full of underwear. And I still have plenty. I also sorted through the sexy stuff and put those in ziplock bags. It's so annoying digging through drawers and only being able to find the sexy stuff. I don't need to wear a lacy thong to work, especially since no one will be enjoying it after work. You know? Then, because it's in the same family and the next drawer over, I threw out some old bras.

That was all done before I left and got some stuff done.

After all that, I came home to a sink full of dirty dishes. BUT-- I have a glass of wine in my hand AND the last season of Will & Grace. If I can stay awake for that long...

No comments:

Post a Comment