17 August 2012

Pooping in public

or at work.

For some people, (COUGH-ash-COUGH) it's no different than pooping at home. Just do your business and whatevs.

I'd like to think that for the majority of us, it's something that we'd rather not do, and we wait until there's some privacy.

There are several issues that I feel like most people are self-conscious about when pooping in public- the smell, amount of time spent in the restroom, and the dreaded ker-plunk.

In my place of business, the bathrooms are unisex, with no stalls; just a room with a toilet and sink. They happen to be across from the elevators. So on quiet mornings if you're in the bathroom and someone is standing there waiting for the elevator, you wonder if they can hear you.

Personally, that's my major source of discomfort. I don't want anyone to hear what I'm doing in the bathroom and become curious and be looking at me when I walk out. Since I'm not the type to linger, the other issues are not really issues for me.

Dayna told me about this genius trick for doing #2 in public. Just place a paper towel on the surface of the water and, as long as you're not farting, pooping is silent. I swear, try it. It's become my new go-to method of discreet at-work pooping.

Yes, I just blogged about poop. Because there's something else I've been dying to blog about but I can't.
So... you get poop.


No comments:

Post a Comment