04 September 2012

ASL

I've wanted to learn sign language for a very long time. I learned a few signs and the alphabet when I was living with Barbara at UH, who was deaf, but her hearing aid made it so easy to communicate that I never gave it much more effort. Especially when I was trying to earn a degree and all.

But it's always been on the LIST, and today I did a quick search and came across this site, lifeprint.com, which is very organized and super easy to learn.

Now, it's pretty difficult to learn a language all by yourself with no one to talk to. I think if you're reading this, you should give it a shot. Then we can practice together! (I've already completed lesson 1, and I really enjoyed it)

2 comments:

  1. I still remember a lot of the signs I taught myself and to Logan before he was more fluent in speech. So...if you want to know baby ASL I can teach you HAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think learning to sign could be cool and useful! i may just have to join you

    ReplyDelete