09 September 2012

shopping & skeeters

What a lovely day yesterday. Spend the afternoon with my mom and sister.

Next shopping project: I need to find proper undergarments for my city hall wedding dress. It's basically a very sheer dress with a lace overlay. I didn't realize how sheer until I brought it home. A slip would solve the problem, but it is a spaghetti strap and nothing's tackier than a bunch of straps hanging out.

A strapless bra is a must. So I figured something like this would work. I tried one on and realized the problem pretty quickly. In order to find a bra that is supportive, I have to go with a 32inch back. That leaves me stuffed into the rest of the garment like a 2 lb sausage in a 1 lb bag. If I go any bigger, I lose support.

I am currently considering buying a strapless bra separately (because I really need one anyway) and trying to find something like this to wear as well. I don't really want to be feeling suffocated the whole time so I can get one that's a little less tight but still does the job of a slip. I have to figure out where to buy these things.

Also, I need to find some lace to wear as a sash. I bought some white lace, but it turns out the dress is slightly ivory. Also, I need shoes. That's the fun part!

It's going to take a day of running around town with my dress in tow to get everything taken care of.

My evening was spent at Constellation Field. Sugar Land recently got a baseball team, the Skeeters. I've been wanting to go, and Missy found out that our high school dance team was performing, so we got tickets through them.

I gotta say, I'm very impressed. The stadium is very nice. They even have a kid's area with a water park and a carousel around the outfield. The stadium is small enough that all of the seats are good, and all tickets are very reasonably priced. Not like when you go see the Astros and you pay 40 bucks and can still barely make out the players on the field.

We sat just past the 1st base line, and got to see all the players warming up. By the way, pretty much all of the players are attractive. Was that a requirement for being on the team? Kuz I'm not complaining.
Also, because it's minor league, many of the players stopped and chatted with the fans before the game, signed autographs for kids, threw balls into the crowd, and were really nice and personable.

To make the evening complete, a cool front came through. It was perfect weather for being outdoors. Top it all off with a 5-minute drive home. I couldn't have asked for a better combination!

When they aren't playing baseball games, the stadium is going to be used for other events, like concerts. How cool is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment