01 September 2012

restless & number crunching

I keep hearing everyone say, "Oh, it's September already!"

Good. September can come and go, October can fly by, and November can  c r a w l.

Because then Chris comes home and becomes my hubby and I get to squeeze him for a couple weeks.

Then he'll leave again, but let's try focus on the good parts. He's already got me checking out flight schedules. Gettin' my squeezing muscles ready.

Also, my life may not be ideal right now, but I'm absolutely over the moon for my sister and her developing family. I can live vicariously through her amazing life for a while.

Also, my brother just got a great new job and I'm so excited for him. It only stings a little bit that he will be making more money than me.

Makes me wonder, what the hell am I doing with my life??
I want to be happy. I want to make more money. I want something fresh.
It's about time for something great to fall into my lap, too.

I spent this morning crunching numbers.

I paid off the rest of my credit card again. I now have a balance of zero and my wisdom teeth and Hawaii trip are paid in full. And now I'm back on track. As I promised myself, I now have a balance of $50 on my amazon gift card. Yay, books!

Since I was already in the mood, I checked out my finances more in depth.

It seems that I've paid off roughly half my debt in two years. Using that logic, in another two years I should be debt-free. Actually, pretty good timing for our house-buying goal.

After re-evaluating my finances, and seeing as how I don't pay much in rent, I'm able to put more than half my income into paying off debt, and that will speed the process. As long as I limit my spending and stay faithful to paying bills first, I should be able to meet that goal. In fact, I've gotten used to being poor again so it won't be a lifestyle change.

Also, I feel like I need a jar of mod podge. Something needs to be ultra-glittered around here. But what?

No comments:

Post a Comment