03 November 2012

free-flowing

I noticed last night that the sink in my bathroom was draining a bit slow. With no drano in the house, I figured I'd try something else. If it didn't work, I'd still have to go to the store to buy drano anyway, so it couldn't hurt.

I dumped some baking soda in the sink, followed by enough vinegar to wash it all down into the drain. Then, I let it sit for as long as it took to boil a pot of water. When it was boiling, I poured it down the drain. It didn't seem to fix the problem, so I squirted some dish soap down there and went to bed.

This morning I repeated the baking soda/ vinegar/ boiling water process, and voila! No more clog. I can now brush my teeth and wash my face without having to look at the scum floating in the sink.

Speaking of scum, now begins the steady two-week process of cleaning this dump before Chris comes home. When I started yesterday, I was disgusted by how much dust is in here. Also, I already have a box full of stuff to donate. Yay de-clutter!

P.S. Did you catch that? Two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment