28 November 2012

part 3.

Where was I in my epic story? Oh, yes. San Antonio. We got there, checked into our hotel, and drank more champagne on the balcony overlooking the riverwalk. His sister called the hotel and upgraded our room to one with a private balcony. That was pretty cool.

I honestly don't remember what we did or when we did it. We mostly hung out at the riverwalk, drank champagne, and got a few things that Chris needs for this deployment at various manly stores around town. There was plenty of gluten free food to eat, including Little Aussie.

We also got a couples massage at the spa. We always stay at hotels with spas, but have never actually used them. I figured a honeymoon was a pretty good time to start. It was my first massage. At times it was a little uncomfortable. Overall it was nice, but I don't think I will go out of my way to get another one.

We came home on Thanksgiving day, and headed straight to Ashley's for dinner. Got to see my siblings before they all scattered again.

Since we've been home, we've pretty much stayed up late, slept late, ran errands, hung out, and caught up on Breaking Bad. It's glorious, but bittersweet because I know it will end soon.

I'm also in the process of changing my name, which is infuriating at times. The DMV can go suck a dick. I waited in line an hour and a half for them to tell me they could not use a certified copy of the marriage license that I specifically purchased from the County Clerk's office for this type of thing. It's worked everywhere else, including the social security office. Even the County Clerk's office thought that was ridiculous and sympathized with me when I called asking how to get the original back. I kinda have a short window when it comes to being able to waste two hours at the DMV, since I start my new job next week. I'll do the best I can...

That, and I have a list a mile long of crap that needs to be taken care of. But at least for now I have a hubby hanging around that makes things a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment