12 November 2012

making merry

My mom keeps drunkenly inviting people to our tiny little courthouse wedding.

Then, she doesn't even remember doing it. And it's random people, like my brother in law's parents, who don't even like us! And we purposely didn't invite aunts and uncles, because they're loud and obnoxious as a group, and if we invite one we have to invite them all, which is like 50 people. But my dad keeps telling them when & where everything is and I just know they're going to crash it.

So after Ashley brought this most recent addition to my attention, I asked mom about it. She laughed and said she'd forgotten she invited them, and said that she'd call and tell them she was mistaken; we really don't have any room to add people. Wow, how offensive are we to have to un-invite someone!

I wonder who she's invited that she doesn't remember-- and what random-ass people are going to show up-- to our tiny little intimate courthouse wedding. If we were having a big wedding, I wouldn't mind so much. That's what big weddings are for, so everyone and their mom, (and my mom's friends) can come. The more the merrier!

I really don't want to be that tacky group making a scene in the quiet little courthouse. I know we'll do that anyway, because my family is loud on a normal day, but I'm slightly dreading it because I just know it's going to get out of hand. Everyone's on their best behavior until there's something to celebrate, then all hell breaks loose. We're not known for knowing how to throw a great party for nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment